Friday, October 9, 2009

A Good Change


Fall is here and it is wonderful! The cooler weather came quicker than I anticipated but it feels great and smells even nicer. Jalon is doing great, getting more handsome and vocal by the day. He sure keeps life fresh and vibrant! I'm looking forward to a super-relaxing weekend filled with a few fall plans and some great family time.

Another noteworthy topic is the nutrition plan Eddie and I will start on Monday. I call it a nutrition plan instead of a diet because we are not trying to lose weight but rather gain a healthier lifestyle. I thought we had a pretty good balance of eating healthy in my family, and I still think we do, but after reading a book, "Never Be Sick Again," I have re-thought some of our food choices and we've decided to give this plan a try for a month and see how we feel. I am believing it will help with environmental allergies, fatigue, aches and pains, skin, headaches, just about anything that keeps us from feeling our best. So for a month, we will not be eating white flour, refined sugar, processed oils, dairy, and caffeine. Our meal plan will consist of mostly organic meats, organic fruits and vegetables (eaten mostly raw), nuts, beans, whole grains, seeds, oatmeal, eggs, lots of water, supplements, and I think that's about it other than cooking with olive oil and using ghee for butter. It is quite a change for us but very simple, and for me, simple is good. One statement the author made spoke loudly to us, and I paraphrase, that we should consider why we eat. We eat to feed our cells, to keep our bodies healthy, to nourish our bodies. Although I think we should enjoy what we eat, it helps me to make decisions based more than just on taste. We'll see how I talk a couple weeks into this :)

Have a great weekend, love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment