Another McInnis is on the way!!! Yep, I'm pregnant and we're expecting an arrival around mid June. So I'm almost 7 weeks along. We had planned on waiting to tell the whole world until our first doctor's appointment on November 10th, but my pregnancy symptoms came on with vengence about a week ago, and well, it's been a little hard to hide how "green" I'm feeling :) So last night we decided we would just let people know so that they don't have to wonder what's wrong with me.
Anyway, we are thrilled! We can't wait to welcome another little one into the world. Jalon seems excited too, as much as his little heart understands. When we ask him if he wants a baby brother or sister, his answer is always, without a doubt, "Yes." And then he waits and looks around as if saying, "where is it?" We know he will be an awesome big brother. He's such a caring little guy.
Eating seems like such a chore lately, actually everything seems like a chore :) My symptoms with the first pregnancy were not this strong. Some of that may be contributed to the diet I put myself on once I knew I was pregnant. I am avoiding all the the top allergens (wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, fish and shellfish). Some of the foods that were staples for me the first time around like yogurt, milk, cheese, saltines and almonds; I have decided to stay away from. Enough studies have shown that avoiding these foods while pregnant and nursing can prevent a child from getting food allergies, especially when it runs in the family. That's enough for me to want to do it. But it makes food choices a little harder. I am making my own bread from oat flour, trying to eat alot of protein, fruits and vegetables, and staying away from all sugar (as I've seen it makes me feel worse). It's a learning process for me for sure. Oh, and did I mention, I'm not drinking coffee, not for diet reasons...but just the thought of it...yuck. Who am I? :)
All in all, we are doing well and very thankful for this great blessing in our life. Thank you for all your love and prayers during this time. We love you!
1 comment:
All of this believing going into this new addition will certainly have a lot of profit!!! I am excited to meet the new McInnis! Let me know how we can help!
Post a Comment