I have been thinking alot lately on being the best mom I can be. One can have many ideas on how to be the "Best Mom."
Is it by having and showing love towards your children?
Is it by making healthy meals and snacks?
Is it by monitoring the amount of tv they watch?
Is it by teaching them the alphabet and their numbers?
Is it by teaching them manners?
I came across these scriptures the other day while studying some stuff on parenting and got super blessed.
Deuteronomy 6:5-7
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Wow!! While all those areas previously mentioned are important in raising children, my primary responsibility in parenting (along with my husband) is to teach our son God's Word. Eddie and I are to teach our child diligently - teach him the Word when talking, when walking, when lying down, when living life...and that is how I can be the best mom I can be.
That doesn't necessarily mean I am constantly quoting scriptures. But I teach principles from God's Word in every facet of life. I will however put scriptures behind some of the principles we have already been working on. Like the reason we clean up our toys (I Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order). How else will Jalon learn God's Word if we don't teach it to him? So the past couple days we have been working on memorizing Ephesians 6:1, Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. It is really cute to hear him try and say it....hmmm, maybe this will be my next video.
Just wanted to put in words what has blessed me lately and been on my heart.
1 comment:
WOW!!! is right momma. About 2 sundays ago our pastor said those exact words. We are learning about Deuteronomy right now. Its a little confusing for a first time hearing it but he did a great job of explaining it. (live your life loving god with all your heart soul and mind. Be passionate when you speak of him. Get excited when you refer to him) I thought that was so right on. I speak that way about Maddie or people I love. Why wouldnt I speak that way about God. Anyway I just wanted you to know that when I read this blog I just knew im in heading in the right direction. So thank you. Love ya.
Post a Comment