I love to walk and I love to hike. I haven't been able to do much hiking since having Jalon because he doesn't last that long walking on the trails and my stroller doesn't do well in that rough terrain. So I bought a Evenflo Trail Tech baby backpack. I wanted to try it out so, Jalon and I packed up and headed out to a local park. I got Jalon on my back and it didn't feel too bad, the weight was well distributed. About 20 minutes into it Jalon started making some strange noises, "Ugh, ugh, argh..." I said, "What are you saying?" He said the noises again. I said, "What is that noise?" He replied, "That's what Mommy says, ugh, ugh, argh." Haha, I hadn't even realized it...I was grunting while walking :) Well, thank goodness he picks up and points out EVERYTHING that I miss :) It was a little tougher workout than I thought it would be! Jalon had a blast though, he kept telling me what he was seeing and hugging and kissing my head. I enjoyed it, it was definitely different than any hike I remember, and a little heavier than I anticipated but it was manageable and I would do it again. My back didn't seem to hurt anymore than usual last night, but my legs were sore. So I guess I was using my leg muscles more than my back, that's a good thing. Jalon was such a great sport I took him to the park afterwards to play. Here are a couple pictures of our time in the woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment