Today, as we were headed to Walmart I noticed a man standing on the side of the road with a sign that said something about being homeless and needing help. I have seen this before and usually just say a quick prayer for them and move on. This time it was really on my heart to help. I rarely have cash on me these days so I decided to pick up a gift card. When we left Walmart I drove back to where I had seen this man and handed him the gift card. Besides blessing this man I thought it also would be a lesson to my son. Boy, was I right!
This opened up a huge can of question worms! I explained to him that this is why we are always telling him to be thankful for what God has blessed us with. We discussed this situation THOROUGHLY but after riding quietly in the car for a couple minutes, I could see he was still thinking about it. I asked him if he was and he said, "yes." He said,"I want us to pray for him, Mommy." After praying for him, we discussed more on the topic and Jalon finished with telling me he was glad we had a home and that Daddy had a job. At bedtime, he also prayed for the man again.
Today will probably be memorable in Jalon's mind; the first day he saw how blessed our life really is. I sure love that sweet little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment